Our work - what do we do?
We give people who use health and social care services a voice about the services they use.
We provide advice and information to help people find the support and care they need.
We make sure your voices are heard by the people who run health and social care services across the county.
Monthly update – April 2021
Throughout April we have been working on a number of areas including:
- Continuing to promote our What Matters survey to find out what matters to the people of Hampshire when it comes to health and social care services
- Publishing the interim results of our What Matters survey which has highlighted mental health as a key issue to focus on.
- Working to develop two campaigns around GP registration with local GPs and others
- Promoting vaccination and testing information for Hampshire
- Promoting Bowel Cancer Awareness Month throughout April
The main topics people have been talking to us about are:
- Access to dental services
- The vaccine programme
Caring during Covid Project
We ran our Caring during Covid project at the end of last year to find out what it has been like for people caring for relatives and loved ones at home during the pandemic. Watch the video to hear their stories and click below to find out more about the project.
Our work - a case study
Every month we will include a case study highlighting the type of work which we carry out at Healthwatch Hampshire, and how we help to make a difference by giving people a voice around health and social care services.
For April, we are looking at our new What Matters Survey which closes at the end of this month.
Over 300 people have now responded to our survey and we published the interim results in mid-April, highlighting some of the key issues which the public have been raising so far.
The final full report will be released publicly some time in May.
Find out more about us
We have produced a short presentation about the work carried out by us, which you can download and share with anyone who is interested in finding out about us as an organisation.
We can be commissioned to carry out work for other health and social care organisations - contact us for more details - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our work - An Easy read document
Healthwatch England has produced an Easy read document talking about the work carried out by all the Healthwatch organisations across the country, including Healthwatch Hampshire. You can download it here:
Our Mission, Vision and Values
We are the consumer champion for health and social care services in Hampshire.
A society where the voice of the local people is listened to and all our health and social care services meet the needs of the patients. This means that:
- People help to shape health and social care services
- People can influence the services they receive personally
- People can hold services to account when things go wrong
We will achieve this by:
- Listening to local people, especially the most vulnerable, to understand their experiences and what matters most to them.
- Influencing those who have the power to change services so that they better meet people’s needs now, and in the future.
- Informing and empowering people to get the most from their health and social care services.
- Working with other organisations to champion service improvement and to empower local people to speak out.
Advice and Information
In the last year Healthwatch has helped over 960,000 people find the advice and information they needed.
Share your views
You can make local services better for you and your community by telling us what you like and what could be better.