Data and insight from health and care information can also be used to:
- plan the services that people will need in the future
- improve health and care services for everybody
- develop new cures and treatments
- find new ways of preventing people from becoming ill.
The NHS wants to make sure that people in Dorset/Hampshire and the Isle of Wight understand how their health and care information is shared and ensure that they have confidence that this is done safely and securely.
To help them do this, they are carrying out a short survey which asks a few questions about:
- How you think information from your health and care records is shared now
- How information from your health and care records should be shared in the future
- What would give you trust and confidence in how your information is shared
The answers will be used to plan how you are kept informed about, and involved in, how your health and care information is shared.
You can see the survey here.
If you are able to complete the survey it is now open until Friday 12 August. If you have any questions you will find contact details on the survey link.