Working together with the Wessex Cancer Alliance, members can volunteer to get involved in plans to improve cancer services and support for our residents, ranging from how to keep people well; making sure more people get an early diagnosis of cancer to give them a chance of better outcomes; to improving people’s care and support through and beyond their treatment.
Who are they looking for?
They are inviting people who are affected by cancer to join the Involvement Network. Anyone can get involved including:
- Patients, carers and family members
- People from Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight
- People from different ages, backgrounds and experiences
What can they get involved in?
There are many ways for people to get involved at times and ways that suit them. For example:
- Share experiences or their views on cancer services and support
- Tell the alliance what they think about cancer information
- Come to meetings about cancer projects and cancer services
- Join a Steering Group which helps to plan the work undertaken.
More information about the Network can be found here.
People can join by:
or by email
or phone/texting 07595 424198
You can download a promotional poster here to encourage others to join.