Commissioned by the Wessex Cancer Alliance, the MSRG will be setting up a User Reference Group, who will support the evaluation of cancer services across Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
The User Reference Group’s participating in the evaluation will help ensure personalised cancer services are responding to the needs and services of everyone diagnosed with cancer.
Participating in this group will involve:
- Attending virtual meetings up to three times a year over the next two years (via Microsoft Teams or Zoom)
- Reading documents in preparation for meetings and participating in discussions
One to two representatives from the group will also be a part of an Advisory Group (which will also meet up to three times a year on Microsoft Teams or Zoom, starting 9 October 2020.) However, recognising the short notice period, input will be sought outside the meeting from members if attendance is not possible.
Taking part in the URG will provide an opportunity to get involved in all stages of the evaluation, including:
- Evaluation design
- Shaping evaluation delivery
- Interpreting emerging evaluation findings
- Shaping recommendations for practice
- Advising and contributing to outputs from the evaluations
Expenses incurred through attended these meetings will be paid.
If you are interested in this opportunity, or have any queries about the role, please contact the Evaluation Lead for the MSRG, David Wright at D.Wright@soton.ac.uk.