The Hampshire Carer Support and Dementia Advice Service is provided by Andover Mind. Provides information and advice about dementia and where to find support services.
The service is available to:
- anyone with a diagnosis of dementia
- people with suspected dementia to help support them through the diagnostic process
- carers over the age of 18.
- provides one-to-one support over the phone, online or face-to-face with a trained carer support worker or dementia adviser
- focuses on wellbeing rather than illness
- supports people to think about how they can come to terms with and live well with dementia
- assists with the health and social care support available to people with a diagnosed dementia and their carers
- offers advice on state benefits and planning for the future
- facilitates local carer support groups across Hampshire.