• Text size
  • A
  • A
  • A
Your spotlight on local services

NHS Complaints


Most people are happy with the care they receive from the NHS, but sometimes things don’t go as expected. 

You have the right to complain, have your complaint investigated, and be given a full and prompt reply. If you're not happy with the NHS care or treatment you've received and you wish to address your concerns you can either:

1) Raise your concerns informally with your healthcare provider.


2) Lodge a formal complaint, have your complaint investigated and be given a full and prompt reply by that NHS provider.


If you are concerned about current care, you should speak to your care provider or to the Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) in an NHS Trust.

If your concern is with completed treatment or care provided by the NHS, then a Hampshire Advocacy Advocates may be able to help you. They will give you information to help you to decide what to do at each stage of your complaint.  You can contact them at:

Hampshire Advocacy CIC:

Havant & East Hants Mind, Leigh Park Community Centre, Havant PO9 5GB.  

Email: info@hampshireadvocacy.org.uk

Telephone: 02380 776657