Community Cash Fund
Applications are now open for the Healthwatch Hampshire Community Cash Fund 2019.
Healthwatch Hampshire provide funding for individuals, groups and organisations with creative and innovative ideas to gather information on people’s experiences of health and social care services in the area.
We launched this fund to invest in projects that aim to improve the health and wellbeing of the local community and are seeking to support local community and voluntary organisations who have projects that need funding.
Perhaps you’ve got a great idea but can’t get funding? Well, now’s your chance to make it happen and get grants of between £500 and £2,000. This year we are focusing on Mental Health services and Children and Young People, with a focus on those who are deemed vulnerable or with additional needs.
“This is a great opportunity for small community groups and individuals to get funding for projects that will help local people and promote health and wellbeing. We are keen to hear from anyone who has an idea for a project around mental health or children and young people, no idea is too small…” Healthwatch Hampshire.
We want to find out more about what local people want and how they can get the best out of their health and social care services in Hampshire.
Our priorities for this year are focusing on the following local issues:
- Ensuring young people have access to the right health and care services they need to stay well
- Supporting children and young people using Health & Social Care services, to have a voice
- Accessing local mental health services
We are interested in working with groups that are able to gather intelligence on one or all of the priorities mentioned above.
Interested groups need to send a short description of their project idea and the amount of funding that they require to complete the project. Grants will be awarded up to the value of £2000 for each project.
We would like groups with creative ideas to come forward and identify new ways of addressing or highlighting issues they have found. When submitting your application, you must clearly state how you plan to address the chosen local issue.
All projects and activities must fulfil the following criteria:
• Increase feedback from communities about health and social care services (we are particularly interested in the views and experiences of people who have used mental health services or services for children and young people)
• Increase the participation and involvement of communities in health and social care related services. Especially individuals or groups who are seldom heard.
• Improve the wellbeing of communities through involvement and engagement. Especially seldom heard or disadvantaged groups.
Healthwatch Hampshire requires that projects:
• Share all information and feedback about the project with the Healthwatch Hampshire team in the form of a report, including photographs and other media where possible.
• Use the Healthwatch logo on all publicity material relating to the project and the words ‘supported by Healthwatch Hampshire’.
• Be willing to give out Healthwatch Hampshire literature during events/project work.
• Attend a feedback/wash up session with the Healthwatch team after the project has taken place.
• Projects must be carried out for the benefit of Hampshire residents
• Projects will only be considered if they would not be possible without this funding.
• Projects cannot ask for funding for existing projects that are already receiving funding from other sources or about to lose existing funding.
CUT OFF DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY 18TH OCT 2019
Complete the application form in full and make sure that all the requested information is included.
Your application will be considered by Healthwatch Hampshire and we will let you know if you have been successful by Friday 25th October 2019. If you don’t hear from us you may assume your application has been unsuccessful.
If you’re using an electronic version of the form, you can expand the boxes as required. If you are completing it by hand and need more space, either continue using separate sheets (clearly labelled) or expand the boxes electronically before printing off.
It may be necessary to share your information (about your idea) and discuss your application with other people/organisations. On applying for the funds, you are agreeing to allow Healthwatch Hampshire to speak to others about your project in this way.
You can email your form to email@example.com or write to us at Healthwatch Hampshire, Freepost RTKZ-GLKC-XGRB, Unit 12, Winnall Valley Road, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 OLD
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
WE WELCOME APPLICATIONS FROM INDIVIDUALS, COMMUNITY & VOLUNTARY GROUPS AND ORGANISATIONS (excluding statutory organisations)
THE MAXIMUM FUNDING AVAILABLE PER PROJECT IS £2000.
CUT OFF DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 5PM ON FRIDAY 18TH OCT 2019.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE INFORMED BY 5PM ON FRIDAY 25TH OCT 2019.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO INVOICE FOR FUNDING IN ONE PAYMENT
AT THE START OF THE PROJECT IN NOV 2019.
PROJECTS AND FINAL REPORTS MUST BE COMPLETED BY: TUESDAY 31ST March 2020.
Application Form - Download
The Community Cash Fund 2018-19 grant winners were:
Wessex Cancer Trust
Patient Participation Group (PPG) of Twyford Surgery
Unit 12 Community Interest Company
Click here to read their reports